AFRICAGUA CANARIAS DEFINITIVE PROGRAM 2019
Resilience to Climate change: water, renewable energy and territorial planning.
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH
08:00 to 09:00 – Opening of doors and registration of participants.
09:00 to 10:00 – Opening ceremony of AFRICAGUA CANARIAS 2019.
- Canary Government. HE President D. Ángel Víctor Torres (confirmed)
- President of the State Council. Excma. María Teresa Fernández de la Vega (confirmed)
- Cabildo de Fuerteventura: Ilmo. President D. Blas Acosta Cabrera. (confirmed)
- City Hall of Puerto del Rosario. Ilmo Mayor Domingo Juan Jiménez González (confirmed)
- Casa África. Mr. Director General. Mr. José Segura Clavell. (confirmed)
- Ministry of equipment, transport, logistics and waters of Morocco. Director of the Moulouya Hydraulic Basin Agency, Mr. Boubker El Houadi (confirmed)
- Official Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Services and Navigation of Fuerteventura: Mr. President Mr. Antonio Rodríguez Marichal. (confirmed)
10:00 to 14:10 – Presentation of Countries. Present and future of renewable energies in West Africa, water treatment and territorial planning.
10:00 to 11:00 – Morocco (Guest Country of Honor)
Moderation: Delegate of PROEXCA in Africa. Sociedad Canaria de Fomento Economía, SA – Government of the Canary Islands- Director of the Morocco office.
- Ministry of equipment, transport, logistics and waters of Morocco. Director of the Moulouya Hydraulic Basin Agency, Mr. Boubker El Houadi.
- MASEN-Moroccan Renewable Energy Agency. Executive Director of the Development Area Mr. Tarik Hamane (confirmed)
- National Office of Electricity and Water (ONEE). “Water Cycle in Morocco: Real Investment Opportunities”. Head of the New Water Technologies Division. Selma Jariri (confirmed)
- Morocco-Spain Economic Council (CEMAES). Director General Ms. Houda Benghazi (confirmed)
11:00 to 11: 15h – Coffee break
11:15 to 11:45 – Presentation of the Africa Plan.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, European Union and Cooperation of the Government of Spain. Advisory Member, Subdirectorate General for Multilateral and Horizontal Affairs, DG for Africa D. Mencía Manso de Zúñiga, (confirmed)
- Canarias in the Africa Plan, an economic development opportunity for the Archipelago. Minister of Economy, Knowledge and Employment of the Government of the Canary Islands, Excma. Mrs. Carolina Darias San Sebastián. (confirmed)
11:30 to 12:10 – Cape Verde.
Moderation: Jorge Cólogan and González-Massieu- Representative in Cape Verde-Canary Foundation for External Action – Government of the Canary Islands.
- EU Delegate in Cape Verde Ms. Sofía Moreira de Sousa. (confirmed)
- Aguas de Santiago. Executive Administrator Mr. Nilton Duarte. (Confirmed).
- National Water and Sanitation Agency (ANAS) Executive Administrator Mr. Inácio Pereira (Confirmed).
12:10 to 12:45 – Senegal.
Moderation: José Antonio Delgado Guanche, International Business Dynamizer. PROEXCA representative in Senegal (Government of the Canary Islands
- Director of the Agency for Economic and Energy Control (AEME), Mr. Saer Diop.
- National Agency for Renewable Energies. (ANER), Mr. Moussa Amadou Seck.
- Senegalese Rural Electrification Agency (ASER) Director of Rural Electrification Financing Mr. Oumar Thiam
- Senegalese Rural Electrification Agency (ASER) Strategy Advisor Ms. Rokhaya Diao Gueye
- Senegal National Office of Sanitation (ONAS) Mr. Yaouba Balde
- Director of Studies and Planning from the Office of Rural Drilling (OFOR), Mr. Lamine KA.
12:50 to 13:30 – Mauritania.
Moderation: Mar Naranjo Suárez-Representative in Mauritania-Canarian Foundation for External Action (FUCAEX) – Government of Canaria
- Councilor in charge of Hydraulics of the Ministry of Hydraulics and Sanitation, Mr. Mohamed Taleb Mohamed El Moctar.
- Electricity Director of the Ministry of Petroleum, Energy and Mines, Mr. Dah SID BOUNA
- Ambassador of Spain in Mauritania, HE. Mr. Jesús Santos Aguado
1:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Guinea.
Moderation: José Antonio Delgado Guanche, International Business Dynamizer. PROEXCA representative in Senegal (Government of the Canary Islands)
- Deputy National Director of Energy, Mr. Mamby DOUMBOUYA.
- Head of the Renewable Energy Division, Mr. N`Faly YOUMBOUNO.
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – Buffet lunch
15: 00-18: 00 Resilience to climate change: water, renewable energy and territorial planning. (Technological Institute of the Canary Islands-ITC)
15: 00-16: 45 Block I: Technological Strategies and Solutions for Drought Adaptation (ADAPTARES)
Cooperation for awareness, information and qualification for the active participation of society in the promotion of efficient use and reuse of reclaimed water as adaptive strategies to climate change and in situations of water scarcity.
Awareness Tools: ITC
- Gilberto Manuel Martel Rodríguez, Section Chief in the ITC Department of Water. (confirmed)
Information systems for key actors in society: ITC, Águas y Residuos de Madeira, CIAGCITC
- ChiefDepartment of Scientific and Technological Computing, Mr. Juan Francisco Rodríguez Alvarado. (confirmed)
- Head of the Purification and Distribution Department, Insular Council of Aguas de Gran Canaria, Mr. Fernando Fernández Pinazo. (confirmed)
Qualification and exchange of experiences: Radio ECCA, National Directorate of Education of Cape Verde.
- Radio ECCA, Fundación Canaria, Mrs. Florbela Torres and Mrs. Brenda Martín Roger. (Confirmed)
- National Directorate of Education of the Ministry of Education of Cape Verde, Mr. Lourenço Andrade and Nadia Lopes. (confirmed)
Demonstration, optimization and evaluation of the reuse of reclaimed water and promotion of good irrigation practices adapted to climate change and risk situations associated with water scarcity.
Installation of demonstration plots for the reuse of reclaimed water with crops and irrigation technologies with minimal sanitary risk and maximum efficiency.
Development of experimental plans for the efficient use of irrigation and employment in various applications adapted to climate change.
Guidelines for the development of a code of good irrigation practices with purified water and adaptation to climate change.
- Institute of Environmental Studies and Natural Resources of the ULPGC, Mrs. María del Pino Palacios Díaz, (confirmed)
- Institute of Environmental Studies and Natural Resources of the ULPGC, Mrs. Vanessa Reyes Mendoza Grimón. (confirmed)
16: 45- 18:00 Block II: Resilience to Climate Change: water, renewable energy and territorial planning (CLIMA-RISK)
- Mr. Carlos Hernández López, Section Chief – Project Office – Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC) (confirmed)
Mobile solution for the integrated supply of energy, water and cold in emergency situations
- Mr. Daniel Henríquez Álamo. Head of Section Dept. Renewable Energies. Technological Institute of the Canary Islands (ITC) (confirmed)
Resilient strategies in the prevention and adaptation of risks in territorial planning
- Dr. Flora Pescador Monagas, Professor of the University of Las Palmas de GC – Department of Art, City and Territory.
- Dr. Vicente Mirallev Izquierdo, Professor of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria-Department of Art City and Territory.
- Dr. Jin Taira, Full Head of the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Department of Art, City and Territory.
Market potential in situations of humanitarian aid and other sectors
- Director IBC Spain Mr. Navin Khemlani (confirmed)
- Consultant for IBC Spain Mr. Alejandro Rueda (confirmed)
10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Bilateral meetings – B2b
20:30 Networking dinner
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 14
09:00 to 09:50 h. Adaptation to Climate Change.
- Casa África- General Director of Casa ÁFRICA. Mr. José Segura Clavell. (confirmed)
- Director General of the APPA renewable association. Don José María González Moya. (confirmed)
9:50 to 11:00 – Financing of international cooperation projects. (multilateral organizations and financing support instruments)
09:50 to 10:10 Moroccan Institute for Research in Solar Energy and New Energy (IRESEN) Director of the Financing and Innovation Agency Mr. Rachid El Mrabet.
10:10 to 10:25 World Bank, Senior Energy Specialist of the World Bank, Mr. Manuel Luengo.
10:25 to 11:15 Round Table, Programs and Instrument for financing support.
Moderation: Loreto Taborga Curto, Territorial Director of Commerce and Delegate of ICEX in Las Palmas.
- Deputy Director General of Trade Policy with Mediterranean Countries Africa and the Middle East. General Director of International Trade and Investments. Myriam Pérez Nogueira (confirmed)
- World Bank, Senior Energy Specialist, Mr. Manuel Luengo. (Confirmed)
- Center for Industrial Development and Technology (CDTI) José Manuel Duran Cuevas. (confirmed)
- Moroccan Institute for Solar Energy and New Energy Research Director of the Financing and Innovation Agency Mr. Rachid El Mrabet (confirmed)European External Investment Plan of the European Union (PEIE) – AECID, Head of Coordination Area in Sustainable Cities, of the Fund for the Promotion of Development and Financial Cooperation of AECID. Mrs. Ana Beatriz Jordao Carneiro-Monteiro (confirmed).
11: 15–11: 30h Coffee break
11:35 to 12:00 – Workshop: Wavepiston CEO “Wave Power and Desalinatión”, Mr. Michael Henriksen.
11: 30-14: 00 America, challenges and opportunities in renewable energy and water management.
Moderation: Queila Delgado Ojeda Economic Representative of the Canary Islands Government for North America Head of American offices-Sociedad Canaria de Fomento Economico SA – PROEXCA Economic and Commercial Office
- President of the Legislative Assembly of Costa Rica. HE Mr. Carlos Ricardo Benavides Jiménez. (confirmed)
- Director of Tourism Management of the Costa Rican Tourism Institute Don Gustavo Álvaro Chaves (Confirmed)
- Ministry of Housing, City and Territory of Colombia.Advisor to the Minister, Dr. Jesús Cristóbal Ruiz Torres (Confirmed)
- Executive Director of the Technical Organization of the Administration of Sanitation Services belonging to the Ministry of Housing, Construction and Sanitation of Peru, (OTASS) Mr. Oscar Pastor.
- Governing Council of the Special Galapagos Regime. Mrs. Noémi d’Ozouville (confirmed)
- Water Enviroment federation (Wef) .Sr. Steve Dye (confirmed)
- MRI Global Mr. Sayan Chakraborti(confirmed)
14: 00-15: 00h Buffet Food
15: 00-18: 00 Success
stories ● Gorona del Viento – Hierro (Canary Islands), Development Manager, Mr. Alberto Castañeda Quintero (confirmed)
- Wärtiysilla (Senegal) (confirmed)
- Tagua (Morocco) Mr. Luis González. (confirmed)
- TSK (Morocco). Mr. Javier Aznar. (confirmed)
- Ponta Preta waters. Sal Island. Mr. Damián Puyol. (Cape Verde) (Confirmed)
- Water and energy from BoaVista. (Cape Verde). Mr. Francisco Hormiga. (Confirmed)
- Inafri (Ivory Coast) Mr. Dani Vives. (confirmed)
- Desal + Project (ITC) (Mauritania). Mr. Baltasar Peñate. (Confirmed)
18:00 Closure of the Event.
09:00 – 18: 00h Bilateral meetings – b2b
* The program is subject to possible modifications